Monday, April 04, 2005

While I try and beat my photo program into submission, here's my Human Nature Moment of the Day.

Went to the umpire clinic this evening. I needed to be there in my capacity with the league, and I decided to dust off my old gear and be ready in case I had games I couldn't get umpires for. So I'm back in blue, so to speak.

Anyway, we were discussing a deficiency at one of the parks. Specifically that the fence wasn't designed properly and kids who leave the dugout early in anticipation of batting could (and have) get beaned by an overenthusiastic throw from third or shortstop. Wouldn't you know that practically every guy in that room had noticed the potential danger while the fence was being put up and damned if every one of them didn't tell somebody at the time...

No comments: