Friday, May 27, 2005

I've been passed the popcorn. Barb of Righty in a Lefty State has tagged me to be next in line for a movie poll.

Ok. Here goes:

Total number of films I own on DVD/video:

I'd say roughly 75 based on a quick and dirty count/estimation. Quite a few of them need to go--Thomas the Tank Engine took us through the early years, but someone else couldmake better use of him now.

The last film I bought:
Cats and Dogs


The last film I watched:
At the movies: The Incredibles
Here: Cats and Dogs

Five films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me (in no particular order):
I assume this is limited to films I possess

Almost hate to admit it, but yes, I have The Green Berets on DVD
Cats and Dogs-- Juvenile humor, but hysterical.
Second Hand Lions-- Quite possibly my favorite movie ever.
Metropolis--A morality play, but with a striking interpretation of the future. Reminds me of the 1964 World's Fair (Yes, I was there and remember it)
Pirates of the Carribbean--Don't much care for Johnny Depp as a person, but his portrayal of Captain Jack Sparrow is a work of art.

Now I have to subject someone else to this introspection...

1 comment:

Barb said...

Another good John Wayne movie!

Thanks for playing along :-)

I actually listed flicks I watch a lot but don't own, so it could have gone either way. If you have others that are meaningful, feel free.