Saturday, October 02, 2004

Just got alerted to another SwiftVet ad which will be playing in PA, NM and NV. This one features the wives of POWs.

The Kerry supporters will just never get this, but a lot of people cannot ever forgive his behavior after he bailed on his "buddies" following three minor wounds, none of which required hospitalization.

He proceded to seat himself in front of congress, wearing his Navy uniform and a haircut that didn't approach being regulation, and in that impossible Brahman accent he had at the time (I never heard "Ghengis" pronounced with a soft "G" before) he denounced every American serving in Vietnam as a criminal. He denounced sons, husbands, and fathers as criminals.

I was three years too young to go to Vietnam, but I ended up in a branch of the Army reknowned for careerists. Many, many of my friends served honorably in Vietnam. Guys who mentored me, who pulled me out of a mudhole that had swallowed me to my waist and was threatening to finish the task, much to my discomfit. Guys who carried me off of a drop zone after a jump gone badly wrong that left several of us in the hospital. Guys who said the right things to ease my frustration when we got called to report at 2:30 in the morning and nobody seemed to know what the hell was going on. John Kerry called my comrades, my friends, murderers.

Now he wants the distinction of being the first American president whose photo hangs in a museum in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), in a room reserved for those who helped the communists win the war.

Anyway, here's the ad.

Oh, and I don't like his policies, either.

No comments: