Thursday, September 15, 2005

I spent time in both the National Guard and the active Army. Started out in the National Guard's 20th Special Forces Group and once I realized I was enjoying drill weekends way too much I went active duty and was assigned to the 10th Special Forces Group.

So I'll always have a place in my heart for all of Special Forces, and 10th and 20th Groups in particular.

20th Group has had an interesting two weeks. As a National Guard entity, units of the 20th SFG are scattered over several states, including Alabama. The 'Bama Boys are quite the hardy crew. We used to joke that their mileage was proportional to the amount of Rebel Yell whiskey (yes, it's a real brand) they had on hand, but the truth is that they are a good, tough bunch of guys.

They're currently in New Orleans, taking on a job as grueling as anything imaginable.

Now I just got word (and I'm not violating OPSEC--word is out), that my old company (different designation now, but it's my old company) is deploying to OIF. Godspeed guys. Wish I could be there.


Flash Posted by Picasa

No comments: