Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Ok, this is my day for ROFASix, but seriously, it's one of the best blogs that I read.

Anyway, we've all heard about the woman who decided to picket President Bush's Crawford, TX ranch. Apparently she arrived there aboard a bus labeled "Impeachment Tour". Cute.

At any rate, she asks "Why did George Bush kill my son?". Ignoring the fact that Bush has an alibi, he wasn't in Iraq at the time of her son's death, it's a simplistic question. "Why are we there?" is the real question, and NOTR posts the answer to that question here.

I particularly like the answer because it validates what I've been saying: It isn't altruism, it's to our interest to destroy the Saddam regime and rebuild Iraq into a country that can contribute. Much as we destroyed Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan then rebuilt them into contributory societies.

No comments: