Saturday, October 28, 2006

Been away a while, but I'll try to do better.

I'm half-laughing, half being disgusted by the latest "Republican scandal". As for Tom Foley, he should kill himself. Seriously. If he had any honor he would do so, but we know from what he did that he has no honor. So instead he's going to hide behind an alcoholism program and a wall he threw up claiming he was abused as a child. Reminds me of a recent president who got caught with his pants down and blew it off by claiming he was seeking "spiritual counseling" from a guy who then proceded to knock up his secretary.

Don't care how much I drink, I've never been tempted to have sex with 15-year old boys. He can hide behind the alcohol thing all he wants, the fact is he's a pervert.

If Denny Hastert knew about Foley's emails, he needs to go. Now. No ifs, ands or buts. He needs to go. But if he didn't know, then the witch hunt needs to cease.

What kills me is the op-ed pieces in newspapers and the articles in magazines that claim this is the end of the Republican party. Oh?

One or ten bad apples spoil the truckload? I think I made my opinion on Foley pretty clear and while I'm reserving judgement on Hastert, should we find out he knew, my opinion on that is spelled out as well. But can this, as the ragazines keep claiming, destroy the Republican party?

I think not. Recall that the luminaries of the Democratic party include a man who drowned a girl in a drunk driving accident, went to bed and the next morning called the police to tell them he'd accidentally left a girl at the bottom of a lake. And a guy who was a Grand Kleagle in the Ku Klux Klan and just in the past year used the "N-Word" in public. And let's not forget Barney Franks, whose boyfriend ran a gay brothel out of Franks' apartment and Franks claims he never knew about it. And then there's the very head of the party, who probably raped a woman (the evidence is all there--emergency room visit, etc.) and who admitted to getting BJs under his desk from a woman only a few years older than his daughter.

In other words, there are plenty of bad apples, and to claim the Republican party is going to implode just because Tom Foley is a pervert is absurd. And as far as coverups--need I even go there, Teddy?

http://www.boycottliberalism.com/Scandals.htm

No comments: